Job Type: Nonprofit – Full time
Operations Manager/Program Coordinator
The Michael Ekwo Foundation is a nongovernmental organization registered in Nigeria. The Foundation is a knowledge center for expanding technical capacity, training, and policy research on peace and security.
Through our work, we aim to:
- To invest in expanding the technical capacities of rural men and women to participate in peace and security dialogue, given their marginal representation in these processes to date.
- To support law enforcement agencies or institutions to participate in community safety protocol and facilitate necessary reforms of security sector institutions.
- To provide a platform for the youth to meaningfully shape and inform the research and policy agenda on issues of youth, peace, and security.
- To facilitate a periodic forum such as workshops, seminars, symposia, community dialogue, and education on best practices on security and peacemaking experiences.
- To develop security consciousness among citizens such as pro-active security practices.
- Introduce Community Safety Partnership as a deliberate step to add the voices of women, the poor, and the disadvantaged in developing the plans and actions related to community safety issues.
ROLE SUMMARY: The Operations Manager/Program Coordinator (OM/PC) will have responsibilities on both MEF program streams alongside duties to manage legacy grants. Working under the supervision of the Director of Programs, the OM/PC will be involved in refining existing systems and processes and shaping new ones to ensure the program contributes to the Foundation’s vision and mission. Establishing and maintaining strong working relations with partners, and with collaborating individuals and organizations, will be a key part of the role. The OM/PC will be involved in other areas of the Foundation’s work relevant to their experience and expertise and organizational requirements.
The Foundation is looking for a dynamic and energetic individual with exceptional communication skills; high emotional intelligence; and a strong analytical skillset to lead colleagues in the Head Office Directorate. The Office Directorate is headed by the Executive Director of the Foundation. In addition to providing overall leadership, the Operations Manager/ Program Director brings together core functions related to governance, finance, people, and program management.
While you will be across all aspects of the Foundation’s work, your focus will be on ensuring that we are running a tight ship: most especially in relation to our programs, our governance, and our finances. You will supervise a team of four officers and volunteers and report to the Executive Director and/or Director of Programs/ Administration
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Overseeing all aspects of the Foundation’s human resources and programs.
* Working with the Director of Programs/Administration to oversee all aspects of the Foundation’s finances, governance systems, and processes
* Advising and supporting the Director of Programs and Director of Policy, Partnership, and Engagement as requested.
Two (2) years of related work experience in nonprofit sector or related field including the social determinants of security, preferably in the nonprofit or government sector; knowledge of philanthropy helpful. Experience fostering an inclusive environment working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with file sharing systems (Dropbox, Salesforce, Google docs).
Can work and think independently with confidence, and in teams, to think imaginatively about opportunities; to create and respond to new approaches to addressing an issue; to inspire others to work toward achieving team goals; and to be tolerant of ambiguity and differences in grant writing approaches. Approach work with humility, self-reflection, and bravery.
Intellectually curious; able to apply learning to work responsibilities.
Collaborative, team-oriented, and energetic; able to develop relationships with colleagues, donors, consultants, external funders, etc.
Skills in time, project, and people management; ability to balance multiple priorities.
Able to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals and periodicals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Able to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Able to make decisions and justify recommendations.
Able to travel as required.
Education and experience equivalent to a master’s degree (e.g., Master of Public Policy), or a bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related experience or training, especially in public policy, political science sociology, mass communication, or a related behavioral, or social science field. Experience or education relevant to nonprofit management, policy, and advocacy preferred.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
Salary expectation band of between N40,000-N50, 000
The Foundation is proud of our welcoming and accommodating working environment. We strive to be a great place to work. We offer generous holidays (four weeks a year excluding public holidays).
We operate from an office at 9th mile corner Ngwo, Enugu State and Ogbuagu House, Eziama Ebe. The successful applicant must live within commuting distance of the Foundation offices.
The Foundation celebrates diversity, and we are proud of our diverse and welcoming team. All qualified applicants already eligible to work in Nigeria will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status or pregnancy.
Applicants should send their application via email to: email@example.com.
The application requires you to provide a comprehensive CV as well as a motivation letter that clearly addresses the criteria as outlined in the job announcement. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within two weeks of close of application on August 30, 2022.